Are you involved in training new entrants to the patent attorney and/or patent paralegal profession? We are holding a seminar and networking event on the 27th Feb 2020 in London for anyone who is involved in this, or indeed has an interest in being involved in the future.
The idea is to get together and share our experiences and best practice, and look at how we can evolve our training of new entrants to the profession so as to improve and adapt the training we provide to meet their needs. The meeting will finish with drinks and nibbles and opportunity to network further. We are hoping to make this a regular event – both in London and around the UK.
18:00-18:30 - Registration with food and drinks
18:30-18:40 - Introductions
18:40-19:20 - Discussion on How Training is Delivered
- How much internal training (formal/informal; structured/unstructured) and how much is accessed via external providers
- Do any firms have ‘academy’-type arrangements i.e. trainees split off into formal learning groups at the start of their career
- How skill sets of trainees on entry to the profession are changing
19:20-19:40 - Mental Health Awareness
- What challenges do we face in meeting the needs of those trainees with mental and physical health disabilities
- How can we meet those needs?
19:40-19:50 - Discussion and a call for future topics to cover
19:50 Onwards - Drinks and Networking
Feel free to join our 'CIPA Trainers Community' on LinkedIn which is for trainers of attorneys and paralegals - to join click here.