Patent Attorney, Nottingham
An exciting opportunity to join the Boots Legal team as a Patent Attorney during a time of transformation across the business. You will be a part of our Group Intellectual Property team, who provide the Intellectual Property (IP) advice necessary to ensure protection for our new product development and freedom to practice without objection from competitors with prior rights.
The ideal candidate will have IP experience, preferably in-house in relevant industry, and be capable of interacting comfortably within both the technology and commercial environment. You will be expected to work autonomously, with minimal supervision, be analytical and a problem solver, therefore wide experience in IP disciplines, including portfolio management, drafting patent and design applications, prosecution, opposition and appeal, freedom to practice and R&D contracts (non-disclosure, joint venture, consulting, collaboration) drafting is ideal.
- Client Counselling:
- Provide all IP client counsel for a defined area of the business
- Provide effective solutions to the challenging environment of consumer goods
- Generating Freedom to Practice opinions
- Patent application drafting and prosecution
- Opposition & Appeal
A bit about you…
- A qualified European patent attorney, preferably with 1+ years post qualification experience
- Results driven & self-motivated with solid planning and organisational capabilities
- Good personal leadership & interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical people effectively and influence others
- Strong relationship building skills
- Be able to overlay commercial acumen to complex technical issues and IP law
A bit about us…
As trusted advisors, Legal deliver pragmatic and clear legal solutions in partnership with the business.
We help the business to grow safely while maintaining legal compliance. Our team provides advice and support on healthcare, corporate, commercial, property, employment and intellectual property law as well as trading standards, litigation and data protection. From Legal Executives to Data Protection Advisors and Paralegals, we have a mixture of legally qualified and support roles in our highly skilled and supportive team.
No matter what your specialism and as your skill and experience grows, the role will expand with you – leading you into new areas of challenge across the business.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact Sanjeet.Kamal@boots.co.uk.
Apply via this link: