Unitary Patent & Unified Patent Court Conference Premier Cercle - 6th annual conference
Tuesday 3 July 2018
Munich - European Patent Office, Munich
The unitary patent system tomorrow
Will the Unitary Patent become operational during the course of 2018?
The UK has ratified the Unified Patent Court Agreement (UPCA) on 26 April 2018, and a decision from the German Constitutional Court is expected before the summer.
But what are the scenarios, today? Amongst the political challenges at stake, are the practical demands fulfilled in each Member States?
To find answers to these questions, join us at the UP & UPC Conference on 3 of July 2018.
The key topics covered are:
- Latest developments within the Committees dealing with the preparation of the UP
- Current challenges stemming from the entry into force of the UP
- Mock trial: are the judges ready?
- Industry panel: impact of the new unitary patent system on various patent portfolios
- Implications: the expected economic benefits of the UP and the UPC
This event is organised in association with the European Patent Office on 3 July 2018 in their Munich headquarters (Germany).
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Matthias Zigann (Presiding Judge, Munich Regional Court)
- Eric Mille (Judge, Commercial Court of Brussels)
- Douglas Campbell QC (Deputy Judge, UK High Court of Justice)
- Camille Lignieres (Judge, District Court of Paris)
- Prof. Dr. Constant van Nisp (Deputy Judge, Court of Appeal The Hague)
- Chair - Penny Gilbert (Founding partner, Powell Gilbert LLP)
See full details at: http://www.unitarypatentsystem.eu/register
Click here to see the advert from the May 2018 CIPA Journal.
Click here to read a report of the 2017 event that was published in the CIPA Journal in November 2017.
Click here to read a report of the 2016 event that was published in the CIPA Journal in August 2016.
Click here to read a report of the 2015 event that was published in the CIPA Journal in June 2016.