So you're an inventor or a designer with a new product that is based on a very simple innovation. Is it worth making an investment to protect your product from being copied?
Guy Taylor, Director of The Janger™, thinks it is.
In this video Guy explains how he turned his simple plastic clip into a worldwide business by protecting it with a patent with help from his patent attorney Chris Aldridge.
This is the second in our series of case study videos. The Janger
Just a bit of plastic? 00:28
- How the idea for The Janger came about 00:58
- The importance of protecting simple inventions 01:07
- How protecting IP turned The Janger into a worldwide business 01:54
- Fighting those who tried to copy The Janger 02:27
- "A patent inside a brand gives you a company to sell"