Candidates should use this policy if they wish to appeal an administrative decision about:
- Eligibility (Qualifying Examinations and PEB Advanced Certificate in Patent Administration only)
- Exemptions (Qualifying Examinations and Advanced Certificate in Patent Administration only)
- Reasonable Adjustments (all PEB examinations)
- Malpractice (all PEB examinations)
- Any other PEB decision relating to the administration of the examination.
A fee may be levied for this service. If the appeal is upheld, a full refund of the fees charged for this service will be made.
For Malpractice appeals only:
The appellant has a right to be heard by a panel of three people, none of whom took the original decision.
If you wish to appeal an examination result, please use the Enquiries about Results Policy.
If you wish to provide feedback to the PEB on its customer service level, please use the Customer Feedback Policy.
Customer Feedback Policy
The PEB aims to provide the highest possible standard of customer service.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service quality you receive, or have feedback or suggestions for improvement, we would welcome your comments.
PEB considers all complaints, feedback and suggestions seriously.
All complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days, and you will receive a full reply within 15 working days.
Please send your complaint, feedback or suggestions to:
Address: Patent Examination Board
95 Chancery Lane
London WC2A 1DT
If you wish to appeal an examination result, please use the Enquiries about Results Policy. If you wish to appeal a PEB decision about Eligibility, Exemptions, Reasonable Adjustments and Special Considerations or Malpractice, please use the Appeals Policy.