Patent Attorney (Qualified or Part Qualified)
(Bristol and London will also be considered)
Reference number: JR6032706 | Closing date: 30 | April | 2018
Do you want to work for one of the world’s leading industrial technology companies?
At Rolls-Royce, we create integrated power solutions and innovative electrical and digital technologies that keep our customers one step ahead in an ever-changing world. Pioneering the power that matters!
As a Patent Attorney, you'll play a key part in this mission. In these high-profile roles you will work in collaboration with our highly collegiate and entrepreneurial leaders and inventors across our digital, electrical and mechanical teams to ensure strategic patent protection of our commercially valuable technologies.
Within our innovation driven organisation the pace of technological advancement continues to quicken and this, coupled with our strong IP-Centric culture, has led to significant growth in our patent portfolio. Our aim is to find qualified or part qualified patent attorneys who have a background in physics, electrical or mechanical engineering to work in our growing IP team that has a tremendous reputation and an eminent position within Rolls-Royce.
Preferred location is Derby, however, Bristol and London will also be considered. All roles are highly flexible.
- Closely collaborate with our innovators to find opportunities for patent protection and make decisions on patentability options
- Prepare and file high-quality patent applications
- Perform or direct the prosecution of patent applications using internal or external agents to ensure commercially valuable patents are obtained
- Analyse third-party patents and portfolios and engage and advise business leaders as to how to the IP position of Rolls-Royce may be enhanced
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified or part-qualified patent attorney with a background in physics, electronics, mathematics, electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Ability to understand complex technical subjects and distil core concepts. Clearly describe technical processes and products in precise legal terms.
- Ability to take a patent specification and understand, articulate and advise on how it affects Rolls-Royce.
- Think creatively, strategically and take initiative
We are pioneers of power. At Rolls-Royce we impact the world by being free to innovate, explore and be brilliant. Our excellence today, builds on our strong heritage and makes us advance ''beyond tomorrow''.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Click here to apply
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.