In House Patent Attorney IT & Engineering, Derby
Within their innovation driven organisation the pace of technological advancement continues to quicken and this, coupled with their strong IP-Centric culture, has led to significant growth in their patent portfolio. The aim is to find qualified or part qualified patent attorneys who have a background in physics, electrical or mechanical engineering to work in our growing IP team that has a tremendous reputation and an eminent position within the company.
- Closely collaborate with our innovators to find opportunities for patent protection and make decisions on patentability options
- Prepare and file high quality patent applications
- Perform or direct the prosecution of patent applications using internal or external agents to ensure commercially valuable patents are obtained
- Analyse third party patents and portfolios and engage and advise business leaders as to how to the IP position of Rolls-Royce may be enhanced
- Qualified or part qualified patent attorney with a background in physics, electronics, mathematics, electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Ability to understand complex technical subjects and distil core concepts. Clearly describe technical processes and products in precise legal terms.
- Ability to take a patent specification and understand, articulate and advise on how it affects Rolls-Royce.
- Think creatively, strategically and take initiative
26 Finsbury Square,
London EC2A 1DS