IP Administration Manager , Uxbridge
Expect the exceptional
Canon is the world’s best imaging company – driven to enrich people’s lives and businesses with innovative products and smart digital solutions. Today we are a truly global brand, constantly challenging ourselves to find new ways of adding value through our growing portfolio of services and solutions.
Across the EMEA region, we employ over 18,000 people. Together we work in a respectful yet ambitious environment – collaborating to achieve the exceptional for our customers and always honouring our corporate philosophy of Kyosei, ‘to live and work together for the common good’.
As an IP Administration manager, you will be responsible for the overall IP administration function and managing a team of IP administrators.
The IP administration team has a manager and four staff. One of the key responsibilities is due date management with many active cases under our care. Billing is another key responsibility, since the IP Group earns income from other group companies. You will be part of the IP Group management team made up of the Head of IP, one IP director and four managers.
What we give:
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to deliver your best, from people who share your ambition. You’ll find exciting projects and products to work on and the variety of challenge and opportunity you need to succeed.
- Competitive Salary
- A range of company benefits including pension scheme and private health insurance
What we ask:
- Minimum CIPA-qualified patent administrator and extensive IP administration experience
- Extensive knowledge of using and designing case management and billing systems (we use CPA Memotech)
- Fluent English
- Previous experience in a manager role in an in-house patent/ IP/legal department, patent attorney firm, IP solicitor firm or equivalent
- People management skills with proven track record in direct line management including recruitment, performance management, mentoring and development planning
- Experience of complex matters (oppositions, appeals, disputes, litigation, licensing, advisory matters)
- Four to eight years of relevant working experience in an international company
- Strong IT skills, including MS Excel and Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of SQL
- Project management skills.
Apply online at: www.canon-europe.com/about_us/careers
Canon is the world’s best imaging company – driven to enrich people’s lives and businesses with innovative products and smart digital solutions. This position is based in Stockley Park, Uxbridge.