Qualified Patent Attorney, Chemistry, London
Looking to join a firm that can offer you work spanning across the full range of intellectual property? We’re recruiting for a European IP powerhouse that is equipped to do just that. Their expertise covers every major area of IP, including patents; trade marks; copyright and design; litigation and trade secrets; and portfolio management, for clients in most major industries and technologies. And you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience in most (if not all) areas.
The firm is growing their chemistry team with at least one new hire to help further build their busy and successful London practice. They represent innovators across the full breadth of the chemical industry and have the infrastructure to offer you work in a whole host of areas, or alternatively give you the support to specialise in just one or two. The team collectively draw from an interesting mix of backgrounds and experience, ranging from in house counsel, patent attorneys and lawyers, to chemical engineers and industrial scientists.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing prosecution strategies
- Providing advice on wider IP issues relating to the future proofing of a client’s business
- Mapping the competitive marketplace and developing strategies in order to build the portfolio and to generate further value
- Liaising with potential and existing clients, and counselling them on ongoing developments with technologies in the chemical field
- Defending clients in more complex litigious and contentious matters, particularly in Europe and before the USPTO
- Handling all due diligence in respect to M&A opportunities, licensing and partnership agreements
- Crafting detailed IP license agreements
Ideal candidates will have around two years’ PQE and a background in chemical subject matter. There is the flexibility to take on more than one candidate so those with a little more experience, perhaps up to Senior Associate, are also welcome to apply.
Pete Fellows or Phillipa Holland