Intellectual Property Manager, Scotland
Intellectual Property Manager
OVERALL ROLE OBJECTIVE
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of TC BioPharm Ltd’s (TCB) intellectual property portfolio, including conducting freedom to operate searches, due diligence and horizon scanning activities. In addition, they will implement a structured review process to capture all intellectual property related activities, review and prepare reports on TCB competitors and conduct due diligence on proposed products and analyse existing IP rights and current agreements. The post holder will work as part of the commercial team to ensure operational excellence and to exercise overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of intellectual property activities.
The Intellectual Property Manager will join TC BioPharm Ltd (TCB), an emerging cancer immunotherapy company developing cell-based treatments for cancer and severe viral infections. Based at their manufacturing facility in the central belt of Scotland, the successful candidate will report directly to the Vice President - Commercial. TCB is a fast growing, immunotherapy company developing cell-based treatments for cancer patients; moreover, our unique culture, values and working environment attracts, retains, and inspires people to give their best.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Monitoring TCB’s intellectual property portfolio and creation of a structured review and information capture process;
- Preparing reports for Senior Management Team on progress of IP portfolio and ongoing actions;
- Conducting due diligence and freedom to operate searches in respect of proposed patents and competitor activity;
- Identifying, escalating, and advising on risks to the Company arising from IP prosecution and the external environment;
- Compiling relevant prior art documentation and analysing within a FTO context and considering barriers to entry, design around implications, etc;
- Working with internal stakeholders to draft patents, claims and diagrams to ensure maximum IP and commercial benefit;
- Liaising with external agents as required for the provision of outsourced IP advice;
- Reading, interpreting and working with internal stakeholders to draft responses to examination reports including reading and understanding prior art and current market activity;
- Managing ongoing and proposed patent applications;
- Advising on IP provisions in third party agreements;
- Briefing the commercial team and Senior Management Team on relevant concerns or opportunities in particular markets;
- Liaising with Finance team in relation to R&D tax credit claims.
- You should be a part-qualified or fully qualified patent attorney (EPA or CPA) with up to five years PQE.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in drafting patent applications as part of a leading patent firm, law firm or in-house legal team;
- Experience of working for a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is advantageous;
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to distil complex ideas and documents for others;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Thorough approach and high attention to detail;
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
If you are looking to work within a challenging, dynamic, and rewarding environment, then TCB represents an excellent career move. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing, ambitious business where people development is critical to future success. As we continue to expand, there will be career opportunities on a truly global scale.
TCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Together with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive range of benefits and an excellent working environment.
See more details at: http://www.tcbiopharm.com/index.php/careers
Parklands Way, Eurocentral