Intellectual Property Manager, Salisbury
Intellectual Property Manager
KalVista Pharmaceuticals (http://www.kalvista.com) is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule protease inhibitors as new treatments for diseases with significant unmet need. Listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market, we have offices and laboratories in both Salisbury, UK and Cambridge, MA, USA.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Intellectual Property Manager to join our friendly team in Salisbury, UK. The successful applicant will work within the R&D team to manage the IP portfolio, to consider IP protection strategy in collaboration with senior managers and to closely collaborate with the company’s patent attorneys.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing IP strategies in consultation with stakeholders.
- Liaising with KalVista’s external patent attorneys on patent applications and prosecutions; reviewing correspondence and responses drafted by external patent attorneys, ensuring accuracy and protecting KalVista’s best technical and commercial interests.
- Assessing patent ideas for quality and patentability and making decisions concerning patent applications and continuance.
- Drafting, reviewing and approving new patent applications.
- Responding to patent actions from the respective patent offices and keeping a database.
- Maintaining granted IP (payment of renewals, choice of territories, enforcement).
- Liaising with R&D scientists within the organisation to ensure patent targets are met.
- Chairing the company’s Patent Strategy Team.
- Forecasting and managing the IP budget.
Your experience and qualifications:
- A good degree in organic chemistry.
- Knowledge of patent law and the associated patent prosecution proceedings in the main jurisdictions (US, EP) and ability to put that knowledge into practice for patent prosecution work and IP advice to the business.
- Preferably experience in IP management in the biotech/pharma industry, most preferably in the area of small molecule medicinal chemistry.
- Preferably a post-graduate qualification in intellectual property law.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to manage budgets >£500,000.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of a successful biotech and to contribute to all aspects of its drug development programs. KalVista is committed to offering a range of staff development opportunities.
Benefits include pension, life assurance, private medical insurance and permanent health insurance.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Applications in writing together with CV should be sent by 30 April 2019 to:
Human Resources, KalVista Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Porton Science Park, Salisbury, SP4 0BF, UK.
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KalVista Pharmaceuticals Ltd,
Porton Science Park,
Salisbury, SP4 0BF