Patent Searching Associate, Slough
Patent Searching Associate
Global Patent Department (GPD), Slough UK
An opportunity is available for a Patent Searching Associate to be part of our exciting journey at our newly created Health HQ.
We’re 40,000 entrepreneurs, all inspired by a vision of a world where people are healthier and live better. At the heart of our rapidly growing consumer health business is a passionate desire to help people feel better. We invest in research and development to find new ways for people to look after themselves, their families and homes.
We believe passionately in doing things the right way, and we believe that the better way helps us deliver high-quality products that touch consumers each and every day. Health is no longer just the absence of illness, it’s being able to lead a fitter and happier life. Our responsibility is to help people achieve this, while making the right kind of social and environmental impact.
This is a critical role providing patent searching support across all of RB’s global Health PowerBrand categories. You would have responsibility for but not restricted to the following:
- Defining the search strategy (databases, classes and codes, keywords and indexing) and conducting patent searches including clearance (freedom to operate), patentability, and opposition / validity searches.
- Reviewing and analysing the search results.
- Managing the outsourcing of searches where required.
- Supporting searches for due diligence for M&A for new brand acquisitions
- Supporting other IP-related information searches.
- Providing training to R&D and other functions.
- Maintaining RB’s tools and resources for providing patent family and legal status information.
A full job description will be supplied on application. Please send your CV and covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .